Tuesday 27 December 2011

So Much Work Set the Christmas Vacation

It's looking like I will have to be back to studying now after the festive christmas season.

Things to do:

Job Applications for Graduate/ Internships:

I meed to apply for a few more investment banking internships as these would take place over the summer. ( I love the numerical/logical and verbal tests lol) I can do questions roughly 40 seconds per question now so the it is very easy. Although deadlines are coming up and I need to apply to more companies ( My one applicaton, one phone interview & one assessment centre plan didn't quite work out due to illness).

Need to Apply to a few more managamenet consultancy graduate roles:

http://www.consultingcase101.com/forum/Thread-List-of-Global-Management-Consulting-Firms

I will work my way through this list just adjusting cover letter "ctrl-f" and replace with generic company "x" here. I know this lowers my application to interview rate but I just go on application blitz and do 10 applications in 45 minutes which could result in 1 interview, tough but I just can't be arsed with the whole quality applications things when some recruiters do not even read CV's properly these days and just, "put 'em through the tests".

I have an LEK first round interview coming up comprising of 2 interviews and a numerical test, to be honest I am not scared of interviews anymore since my barclays capital trading assessment centre which I had. I will make a post about. It was pretty intense and considering I had tonsilitis the week before I kind of felt this was my "excuse" for not securing that internship position.

In addition to this I have to apply for Civil Engineering jobs, I think I will look to apply to no more than 30 of these. I have a separare cover letter/cv for the industry but since my degree is in this hopefully I'll get a job. I am leaning towards contracting Civil Engineering now because I like the fact that I won't be in an office 24/7 etc. I also like the long term career prospects of being able to become a project manager which feels pretty good tbh. This will be my back up if I do not get that MC or IB job since I will hopefully have more time on my hands I hope I have more time for entrepeurneurial activities outside of my 9-5 job!
  • Project Work - Engineering Need to split half my time to work on this.
  • Coursework on Accounting and Finance roughly 50% complete
  • Coursework on Sustainable Development roughly 10% complete
  • Coursework on Contaminanted Land ~ Completed

No comments:

Post a Comment